1. If the home field is unplayable, the host school’s Athletic Director MUST call the baseball/softball liaison (or tournament manager) by 1:00 PM.
2. The host school has the OPTION of relocating the game to a neutral site. NOTE: District sites (such as Paint Stadium) cannot be used as a neutral site without the permission of the district board.
3. If neither option (play at home or relocating to a neutral site) is exercised by the host school, the baseball/softball liaison MUST be notified by 1:00 PM. [If a neutral site is arranged, the sport liaison MUST be notified as well as the visiting team. Game officials MUST be notified.]
4. The sport liaison shall contact the visiting school to determine if their field is playable. If so, the game is relocated to the visiting school’s facility.
5. Under no circumstances is a host school permitted to simply cancel and reschedule the game. ONLY THE BOARD (sport liaison) can do that. This will occur only after all available options are exercised. The sport liaison may consult the district board as needed.
6. Should the game be rescheduled, it will be rescheduled the very next day (Sundays excluded unless the SEDAB makes an exception due to a backlog and/or a pressing district schedule).
7. Any school that does not follow the above procedure risks a penalty as determined by the SEDAB. Penalties may include, but are not limited to, a loss of the opportunity to host games in future tournaments.
District games are typically played at neutral sites. Note: (2023) All sectionals games will be played at better seeded sites. District semifinals and finals will be played at a neutral site. The sport liaison along with the host site has sole discretion regarding weather-related events. Should a rainout occur, the sport liaison will move the game to the next available date. Previously scheduled games are played on the date scheduled, including the final.
Two (2) semifinal games: 5-19 & 5-20. Final: 5-23. 5-19 is rained out. Rescheduled date: 5-21.