(This updated format will be implemented starting Spring 2023. There are no changes to the qualifying process for running/wheeled events. However, there is now a “Non-FAT” qualifying option for Field events.)
ATTENTION: ALL 7th & 8th Grade track meet managers MUST COMPLETE the 7th & 8th Grade Meet Qualification Form in order for their meet to be eligible for receiving marks that would qualify an athlete to the 7th & 8th Grade State Championships Meet.
1. Running / Wheeled Events
- If FAT is USED, all Running / Wheeled times are eligible for qualification so long as the starter or referee is an:
- High School Meets = OHSAA Class 1 official
- Middle School Meets = OHSAA Class 1 or Class 3 official
- If FAT is NOT USED, none of the Running / Wheeled marks would be eligible for qualification …regardless of the number of officials (Starter or Referee)
2. Field Events
- If FAT is USED, then all marks will still be eligible for qualification.
- If FAT is NOT USED for the Running/Wheeled events, the Field Events may still be eligible for qualification if ONE of the following conditions are meet:
- Option A – One OHSAA Class 1 official who directly oversees EACH field event and signs off on the results. This option is the recommended option and requires an OHSAA Class 1 official to be at every field event.
- Option B - One OHSAA Class 1 official must be serving in a Head Field Judge or Field Referee position. This official must be in addition to the running event officials. There responsibly is the direct oversite of the non-officials who are working each field event. This option is not recommended but acceptable due to the officials shortage & financial implications of option A.